There is a wide variety of cycling routes available in the Ox Mountains and surrounding areas. The scenery in the general area is always beautiful and often spectacular with some routes offering wonderful views and panoramas that stretch to the broad Atlantic coastline.
Following is a selection of routes offering varying distances and difficulty from flat spins to mussel burning mountain climbs. Here you should find something to suit any pace or ability.
The map images are from Mapmyride.com. Mapmyride is also available as a free smartphone mobile app and can be downloaded to access all routes as listed here. Some members may find Maymyride useful for tracking their progress and development.
- Route 1: Tubber, Moylough, Curry, Tourlestrane 31km
- Route 2: Aclare, Esker, Cully, Banada, Tourlestrane 33km
- Route 3: Aclare, Banada, Rhue, Tubber, Cloonacool 32km
- Route 4: The Gap, Bonniconnellan Loop 33.5km
- Route 5: Aclare, Banada, Cully, Curry, Rhue 35km
- Route 6: Tourlestrane, Banada, Cully, Curry, Rhue 30km
- Route 7: Aclare, Tourlestrane, Rhue Loop 22.5km
- Route 8: Tubber, Cloonacool Loop 24km
- Route 9: Bunnyconnellan, Attymass road, Bofield, Ballina Road, Bunnyconnellan 38km
- Route 10: Aclare, Esker, Cully, Curry, Banada, Tourlestrane, 38km
- Route 1: Aclare, Esker, Cully, Curry, Rhue Loop 41km
- Route 2: Tubber, Bunninadden, Achonry, Lavagh, Cloonacool 46km
- Route 3: Aclare, Swinford, Charlestown, Curry, Rhue Loop 48km
- Route 4: Bunnyconnellan, Attymas Loop 50km
- Route 5: Tubber, Bunninadden, Templehouse,cloonacool 51.7km Loop
- Route 6: Tourlestrane, Curry, Charlestown, Carracastle, Charlestown, Cully, Tourlestrane 52km
- Route 7: Swinford, Attymass via Foxford Road, Bunnyconnellan, 55km
- Route 8: Lough Easkey, Dromore West, Corballa, Bunnyconnellan, 58km
- Route 9: Bunnyconnellan, Ballina, Inniscrone, Corballa, Bunnyconnellan Loop 61km
- Route 10: Lough Easkey, Dromore West, Easkey, Inniscrone, Corballa, Bunnyconnellan, 70km